Flothemes Migrator Documentation
Back up your site
Please back up your website on a staging site.
We do not take any responsibility for any data loss or issues that may arise from using this plugin.
It is your responsibility to make sure you have a backup of your site before you start the migration process.
Once you have a backup, you can start the migration process.
Please watch this video below before using the plugin.
Go to the Migrate Tab
- At the top of this page you will see the posts that will be queued up for the migration.
- Number of posts to be migrated.
- Number of posts that have been migrated.
- Number of posts skipped. A post will be skipped if it does not have any Flothemes content.
- Number of posts that are left to migrate based on 1 & 2
- To change what is migrated, choose the post type, category or post ID's you want to migrate.
- Choose the post type you want to migrate.
- Add the Post IDs you want to migrate. To get the post ID, go to the individual post page and in the URL it will have a number, this is your post ID to paste here (add multiple comma-seperated)
- Add the category slug you want to migrate posts from
- Adjust any general settings that needs to be done, for example you can choose how flex block gets migrated.
- Click on the "Start Migration" button to start the migration process.
Wait for the migration to complete
It may take a while depending on the number of posts, you can cancel or pause the process and carry on later if you need.
We will do the following:
- Convert all the available blocks to Gutenberg blocks
- Make a log of the migration process for each post so you can see what blocks passed and which ones we could not migrate (no like for like)
- We will not turn off "custom layout" in Flothemes as this removes your content from the page and no way to get it back
- Make a backup of the content in the post so you can revert back to it if you need to
At this point, you have the option to revert your posts if you are not happy with the migration.
Click on the "Revert Migration" button to revert the posts back to the original content.
Switch your theme to another like a default WordPress theme.
This will temporarily disble the Flothemes blocks and custom layout (classic) so you can see what the posts look like with the new Gutenberg blocks
NB: They might not be exactly the same as we dont migrate styling, just images and text when possible. We do try keep the column structure where we can.